25 January 2018

Is it time yet?

All of the people who have ever lived and all of those yet unborn are like the upper and lower globes of an hourglass that are connected by a narrow passageway. Each passing from birth to death is like a grain of sand that passes through the neck of the hourglass. Just before the end of the world the last grain will fall and that will represent the last soul to receive a mortal body on this earth. The hands of the "Doomsday Clock"  have just been moved forward to two minutes until midnight because of "the failure of our president and other world leaders to deal with the looming threats of nuclear war and climate change." The last soul at this moment may very well be sitting at the top of the pile, nervously waiting for the nod.

.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. I have been living in Mexico since January 6th, 1999. I am continually studying to improve my knowledge of the Spanish language and Mexican history and culture. I am also a student of Mandarin Chinese.