10 May 2013

Happy Mother's Day!


Today is Mother's Day in Mexico. It always falls on May 10th here no matter what day of the week it may be. Last night about 9:pm my wife Gina grabbed her car keys and said, "I'll be back in a little bit". As it turned out she went down to a wholesale florist and bought several tightly packed bunches of roses. Then she got up at 4:am this morning to make little corsages for all of her female friends and relatives and all of the mommies of the children who attend her mother Carmelita's kindergarten. That's my gal, always spreading sunshine! And what did I get her for Mother's Day you ask? Hey! Who do you think ended up paying for all those flowers?

3 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Oh Gina looks so happy. How sweet of her to make corsages for her friends and family. Happy Mother's Day to all mothers in this world. Hope all is well Bob, nice to see you. Take care.

Brenda Maas said...

What a lovely thing for her to do. I am sure everyone who received one was very pleased.
Feliz Dia to your lovely wife.

Shannon said...

What a kind and lovely lady your wife is Bob. You are very lucky!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. I have been living in Mexico since January 6th, 1999. I am continually studying to improve my knowledge of the Spanish language and Mexican history and culture. I am also a student of Mandarin Chinese.